- Assists cooks in their tasks.
- Obtains necessary products and small equipment items required for food preparation.
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing all assigned items.
- Follows manufacturers’ instructions when operating food production and serving equipment.
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices.
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and other smallware items to the proper areas.
- Washes all wares in dishwashing machine or by hand according to the highest sanitation standards.
- Polishes all silverware, platters, and chafing dishes.
- Collects trash from kitchen areas; empties garbage cans and washes and re-lines with new bags. Breaks down boxes, crates, and removes debris.
- Examines garbage for misplaced silverware, dishes, glassware, and other reusable items.
- Washes and polishes all stainless steel in the kitchen including shelves, dish cabinets, ice machines, coffee area, refrigerators, walk-ins, etc.
- Washes and cleans receiving, trash, and other kitchen-related areas.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Stores all dishes and other wares in proper areas.
- Cleans dish machine and dish area after each meal period.
- Performs other tasks such as assisting in food preparation, storing foods after delivery and cleaning coolers, freezers, and storerooms.
- Maintains inventories of soap, chemicals, and paper towels.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Handles all china and glassware carefully to minimize breakage.
- Continuously inspects floors in kitchen areas to assure they remain clean, clear of debris and dry.
- Assists in completing weekly kitchen cleaning and maintenance list.
- Cleans and safely stores all brooms, mops, and other cleaning equipment in their proper places.
- Observe guidelines related to the maintenance of safe working conditions in the kitchen.
- Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
- Assist with other duties as instructed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year general kitchen work related experience preferred.
- Basic knife skills.
- Knowledge of health department regulations.
- Basic English language communication skills with ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Pleasant personality and professional appearance.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to continuously stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
- Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment.
- Ability to work under extended exposure to steam and hot water and cleaning chemicals.
The Cliffs - 18 months ago
Maverick Southern Kitchens
Maverick Southern Kitchens
- 29 days ago
Assistant Manager - Zaxbys
- 19 days ago
- 2 days ago
Founded in 1991 by Jim Anthony, The Cliffs Communities is devoted to the sensible development of luxury residential communities and other...