Sr. Director, Asset Managers: Client Development & Sales
The Senior Director, Asset Managers will promote CME Group’s products and services (P&S) to the asset manager community in North America. This sales role includes our listed futures and options business lines, and our OTC clearing initiatives including IRS, CDS, and NDF product sets. The Sr. Director will work with existing asset manager customers as well as prospect for new customers. The position will be in New York and work closely with the other members of the Asset Manager, Client Development and Sales (CD&S) team, members of CME’s market research, education and marketing teams and with P&S Division staff in other cities and regions where appropriate. The primary objective of the position is to increase revenue for the Asset Manager Segment specifically, and where appropriate, across all asset classes via cross-sell opportunities.
• Responsible for growing significant Asset Manager revenue across our listed futures and options businesses, and OTC clearing services
• Provides significant input into overall segment strategy
• Promote CME Group’s wide range of products, clearing services, trading technology, liquidity, cost efficiency and OTC strategy including Clearport Services to the asset manager community which includes investment managers, pension & endowments, insurance companies, and sovereign wealth funds
• Work with members of the Products and Services Division to introduce and educate hedge funds on CME Group’s vast offering of products and services
Promote CME Group’s products and services at relevant industry expos, conferences and industry associations
Offer product and CME GLOBEX education to current and prospective hedge fund customers
• Responsible for working directly with internal stakeholders to effectively execute department’s strategy and goals
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA strongly preferred
• Minimum 7 years of experience related to the Asset Management industry.
• Deep understanding of futures and derivatives including functional knowledge of the financial swap market (IRS/CDS/NDF).
• Developed customer network within the Asset Management industry.
• Strong sales and marketing skills with a track record of closing deals.
• Proficient with MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Pluses: Current experience in the competitive listed exchange and OTC environments
Travel: Some travel within North America is expected
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
CME Group - 19 months ago