Overall Purpose of Job:|
Under Direct Supervision, using independent judgment within established practices and guidelines, by Management of Fluor or its subsidiaries (indicated as “the Company”), the purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative and technical knowledge and direction for the job functions listed below with the objective of ensuring Fluor's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value.
Primary Job Duties/Functions
1. Serves as Lead or Area Lead on assigned projects or moderately complex engineering assignments and develops the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work. Performs duties, or assists the Lead in duties, including but not limited to: develops and updates job plans, supports proposal and estimate activities, develops and reviews specifications including design criteria, develops and monitors schedules, develops and monitors manpower estimate forecasts, assigns work to teams, monitors material estimates and quantities, interfaces with project disciplines/client representatives/construction, participates in equipment and material procurement activities, permitting activities and subcontracting activities
2. Performs and checks calculations, specifies equipment, and solves problems of moderate engineering complexity
3. Reviews specifications, drawings, and vendor equipment documentation from both within the discipline as well as from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements and actively seeks resolution
4. Ensures adherence to Industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
5. Participates in people development through mentoring, development of training material, and conducting of training seminars
6. Develops and builds client relations
7. Provides close interface with, and promotes the understanding of, other discipline functions
8. Other related duties/functions as assigned
1. Generally favorable indoor office workspace.
Fluor Corp. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. It...