Do you want to build systems that process billions of datapoints? Do you excel at finding elegant, scalable solutions to complex, data-intensive problems? Are you excited about designing and building systems to collect, integrate, and serve diverse data from thousands of sources from across the globe? Do you thrive when white-boarding with engineers and data scientists on how to efficiently collect terabytes of data from wherever it may exist? Do you want to be part of a fast growing engineering team tackling big data problems?
We are in need of a Data Systems Engineer to design, implement, and manage our data systems for a new start-up effort. Tell us if we should be using Hadoop, MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB or something else. We want you to own the design and the team that grows around it. We will be collecting and generating massive amounts of data, processing it and generating custom data products that are directly sold via web interface.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Architect and build large-scale infrastructural data systems
- Design and deploy high-performance web services
- Develop technologies to solve complex data problems, such as web-scale data integration and data collection
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and product/business people
We are looking for someone with:
- A passion for building large-scale data systems
- Deep understanding of high-performance systems – horizontal scalability, caching, etc.
- Experience with data collection and mining technologies
- Extensive experience in data management systems, both relational (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure
- A desire to work in a small team to solve big problems
IPS, Inc. - 18 months ago