DevOps Engineer III - US - 19602
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title DevOps Engineer III - US
Category Software Development
Location US-CA-San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94107, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
We are looking for experienced Linux systems administrators for our San Francisco office. If you live and breathe Linux systems administration this will be a great opportunity to contribute to creating some incredible technology. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and want to share your expertise, you just might be what we are looking for! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to make a big impact.
- Build out new servers for feature development
- Maintain and upgrade existing services
- Proactively improve infrastructure
- Manage big data storage (cassndra, mysql)
- Help administer servers (ubuntu upgrade, chef management, improve fabric, etc)
- Improve and maintain Nagios infrastructure
Job Requirements :
- Experience running large distributed systems and data stores like Cassandra
- Background using a cloud infrastructure
- Comfortable scripting tasks in Python, Ruby and Fabric
- Comfortable writing custom monitoring scripts in Python
- Knowledge with Apache HTTPD
- Experience with common multi-tier website architectures.
- History of using configuration management software like Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with securing Linux
- Knowledge of monitoring systems like Ganglia or Nagios.
- Experience with packaging on Debian and Ubuntu
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Over 5 years of proven Linux systems administration
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 5,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 16 months ago
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...