Because you have a passion for people, you'll love working at Publix! We're in the business of pleasing people and our associates are so engaged with our customers that Publix is the industry leader in customer satisfaction. Their engaging personalities are also one reason that, for 15 consecutive years, Publix has been honored as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Bring YOUR passion for people to the Event Planner position in the Tampa, FL 33609 area. You'll have the chance to share your smile with a lot of people!
Come join a company that has built its reputation on providing premier customer service. For years, Publix has been the top-ranking supermarket chain in the nation on the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Come join a company that treats associates as family. Thanks to our founder, George Jenkins, all eligible associates are shareholders in Publix. Our annual survey of associates shows strong job satisfaction. Many in our family stay with us for more than 20 years.
Come join a company whose continual growth provides ongoing opportunities for advancing your career. Publix has 150,000 associates, more than 1,000 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee, and continually opens new stores. Our support system of manufacturing plants, distribution centers and corporate offices are expanding to serve that growth.
Come join a company that is financially sound, ethically strong and committed to diversity in all respects .
INTRODUCING THIS OPPORTUNITY
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities for this position include:
Minimum Qualifications: The required qualifications for this position include:
- Works with the management to organize and manage event planning efforts
- Conducts sales calls to various businesses as needed to solicit event planning and Cooking School sales
- Consults with customers to plan various functions including birthdays, weddings, business meetings and community activities
- Delivers orders outside of work location to customers’ events
- Actively engages customers in discussion of products and services available and makes recommendations to customers based on discussions
- Operates software to assist in planning, creating orders and making Cooking School reservations
- Processes orders for special events
- Maintains good public relations and follows up on customer and associate issues as needed
Other Qualifications: Other qualifications for the position of Event Planner include:
- At least 18 years old
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Professional experience with or exposure to event planning activities and/or hospitality industry
- Ability to learn basic computer software
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and
- Willingness and ability to travel outside the store for deliveries and special events.
$8.35--$13.75 per hour
Publix GreenWise Market at Hyde Park
2401 W Azeele St,
Tampa, FL 33609
To apply for this position, you MUST go to a Publix store in Tampa, FL 33609 . Then look for the Job Application Center, an automated touch-screen system. Because the Event Planner position is in a limited number of stores, please indicate “Demonstrator” as the position in which you are interested. Managers at that store and stores in the surrounding area will have access to your application. You will be contacted if one of those managers believes your skills, experience and availability match a current opening.
If you would like further advice, feel free to email Publix through Craig’s List . To receive a reply, you must specify at which Publix you entered your application and provide a resume including your work experience, skills and training.
Come join a company that offers benefits to help you grow financially. Publix offers the following to all eligible associates:
Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability pay
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Paycheck direct deposit option
- Credit union and
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
For more information about our company, go to www.publix.com .
Monster - 8 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...