- Strong knowledge of horizontal and backbone structured cabling, including fiber-optic, CAT 5/5e/6 & coaxial.
- Maintain consistency and quality in delivery of all projects
- Effectively manage and motivate manpower
- Good customer relations skills
- Knowledge of budgets and deliver project within budget constraints
- Process paperwork and documentation correctly and efficiently
- Be the expert in use of all test equipment and troubleshooting of infrastructure
- Demonstrate project ownership and responsibility
- Manage people effectively, demonstrate ability to teach and mentor employees
- Telecom industry certification a plus. (BICSI or other)
- Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards
Responsible for working as a leader, alone or with others for installation projects. Assumes total project ownership from receipt of complete engineering work package to delivery of project completion and final documentation. Has the ability to deliver small, medium, and large projects at or below specified budgets.
Essential Position Functions/Principal Accountabilities:
Demonstrates complete understanding of assigned projects.
Implements projects for the installation of horizontal cabling, riser cabling, inside and outside cabling, fiber-optics to the workstation or backbone, and electrical projects.
Lays out a complete project from start to completion with work tasks, manpower requirements, critical paths, test procedures etc.
Develops and adheres to schedules for project implementation.
Supervises installers and provides on-the-job training when required.
Provides regular feedback on the performance of installers.
Demonstrates ability to teach and mentor assigned staff.
Controls and tracks all materials required for each project.
Determines when project is off budget and implement solutions necessary to get it back on budget.
Works with all departments to assure that the level of customer service provided meets or exceeds expectations.
Reports to supervisor any potential problem areas, which may adversely affect performance or quality.
Identify potential service level and process problems before they occur and implement solutions.
Handle a variety of operational/implementation problems requiring judgment within generally defined policies and procedures.