J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P.Morgan Asset Management; ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through the Private Bank. With assets under supervision of $1.5 trillion and assets under management of $1.1 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. |
The Operational Risk Manager will provide Risk and Compliance support to the Private Bank Mortgage Center. The primary focus will be on managing risk and control across the mortgage space with a strong knowledge of regulatory compliance. This will include not only business as usual risk mitigation but also key initiatives related to improving controls or implementing new regulations.
The ORM must have strong leadership and communication skills (verbal and written) to work with mortgage center staff and key corporate risk and compliance partners. This position requires communication directly with various levels of management including senior management. They will need to work effectively in a team environment and must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technological environment. They must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and have strong organizational skills that enable them to prioritize their work accordingly.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Manage Operational Risk in aligned functions; assess business risks and work with the Operations teams to ensure adequate detective and preventative controls are in place to mitigate risk.
- Represent Risk as subject matter expert on cross-functional operational risk initiatives/projects.
- Manage or participate in various stages of the Controlled Self Assessments (CSAs) cycle, including defining business processes and controls, validating test strategies, and performing regular independent tests as oversight.
- Prepare for and participate in external audits
- Manages, coordinates, and reports status for internal compliance reviews and internal audits
- Engage in root cause findings and work with the appropriate groups to recommend appropriate controls
- Ensure regulatory compliance and provide thought leadership on how changes will impact the Mortgage Center
- Assist with the creation, data gathering of preparing various regulatory and risk reports
- Ensures regulatory changes are implemented effectively and on time.
- Effectively communicate with and influence various business partners
- Ensure that deliverables are consistently met.
- 3 + years experience in Mortgage Risk or Mortgage Compliance related role
- 7 to 10 years mortgage origination experience
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and State Regulations as they pertain to mortgage originations.
- In-depth understanding of origination processes and systems
- In-depth knowledge of risk management techniques from both a detection as well as mitigation perspective.
- Strong relationship/partnership skills to work across Mortgage LOB's, Audit and Risk groups
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization
- Results oriented - execute tasks and initiatives effectively and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite products
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Comfortable interacting with senior management.
B.S. degree or equivalent work experience
JP Morgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JP Morgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
CareerBuilder - 23 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...