RESPONSIBILITIES: The Associate Director, Media Innovation will play a key role in developing and growing AT&T’s AdWorks advertising business across the leading telecommunications company’s mobile, online and interactive TV platforms. This individual will collaborate with numerous internal teams in positioning and marketing cross-platform advertising initiatives by industry vertical to top national advertisers and agencies to drive investment in AT&T’s ad vehicles.
This individual must be a strong strategic thinker and storyteller capable of generating meaningful audience insights and developing innovative client-specific campaign ideas, as well as a top-notch project manager with fine detail orientation. Fundamental to the position is the ability to articulate the unique selling proposition of AT&T AdWorks products across multiple platforms and the ability to create powerful sales proposals and presentations. Relationship management skills are critical, as is a thorough understanding of the digital media industry including mobile and online as well as interactive TV. The ideal candidate will posses deep industry vertical focus (Automotive, Financial, Retail, Healthcare/Pharmaceutical, CPG, etc.), a strong understanding of the benefits of consumer and behavioral data, audience segmentation and targeting, innovative ad product features, the vision to see what’s next on the media horizon, and the strong visual sense and outstanding writing skills needed to produce a compelling story for advertisers and agencies as to why AT&T is a must-buy media partner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere, while also being effective within the matrix structure of a Fortune 100 environment. This individual will have a history of being an impact player and is comfortable taking personal ownership in the performance of his/her projects. Good backgrounds for this role include industry vertical ad sales support specialist, ad sales planning and development or marketing strategy consultant. Experience across mobile, online and interactive TV is a strong plus, and knowledge and interest in the mobile and media industries is essential.
- Partnering with Ad Sales leads on proposal development and implementation of cross platform media programs that drive measurable client brand business results.
- Identifying, pitching and executing advanced advertising pilot programs that generate learning for client brands and new revenue streams for AT&T AdWorks.
- Developing and managing the flow of cross-platform marketing materials to be used by AT&T’s AdWorks sales team to drive spend from top brands and agencies.
- Staying on top of trends and ongoing marketplace intelligence within vertical industries, and developing a deep understanding of those verticals, their primary target segments, marketing tactics and success metrics.
- Working in partnership with the AdWorks Lab team to develop innovative visualizations, pilot programs and forward-looking perspectives on the future of advertising through the eyes of AT&T.
- Developing case studies that can be showcased to the industry to bolster AT&T AdWorks as a world class digital ad solutions provider.
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience. Track record of success in marketing and advertising via digital media: online, mobile, interactive TV, etc. Ability to understand client/agency brand marketing challenges and develop innovative ad product marketing programs that meet objectives. Outstanding presentation and communication skills via written and verbal delivery. Salesmanship and ability to educate and evangelize is important to success. Strong strategic positioning, insights and analytic skills, including experience with syndicated media and market research (comScore, Kantar, Forrester, eMarketer, etc.). Strong attention to detail. Significant experience in managing cross-functional efforts and ability to succeed in cross-functional team environment. Strong organizational and leadership skills. Excellent PC skills with an ability to develop persuasive PowerPoint presentations from the ground-up. Knowledge and use of Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus. Conversant in mobile services and Web 2.0 media: geo-location, social networking, search, gaming, etc.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required. Top-tier MBA preferred.
SALARY & ADVANCEMENT: Competitive. AT&T has an extensive benefits program and is focused on career development.
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...