Summary: The Senior Database Administrator works closely with Database Analysts, Developers, System Administrators, Storage Administrators, and Network engineers to design, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Oracle and SQL server databases. The Sr. DBA should have a minimum of 6 years of database administration experience, preferably in the Healthcare sector, and hands on knowledge of Oracle version 7.x to 10.2 and SQL Server 6.5 to 2005. Responsibilities include installation and upgrade of Oracle RDBMS, Oracle development tools, and Microsoft SQL Server software, Oracle Forms and Reports administration, patching and upgrades, backups and recovery, monitoring, turning, code optimization, 24X7 on-call rotation, Oracle Real-Time Application Clustering (RAC) administration and implementation, and database performance optimization. The Senior DBA should have strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor less experienced team members. Additional responsibilities include shell scripting, replication, security and auditing, database design, maintaining the production, test, and development environments, strong SQL tuning and programming skills including PL/SQL stored procedures, packages, and triggers, and experience in disaster recovery exercises. The Sr. DBA should have experience with data warehouse implementation and maintenance, as well as practical experience supporting very large high-availability high-performance transactional databases, and database experience on RHAT 2.1 to 4, AIX 4.3 to 5.3, and Microsoft NT 4 to 2003.
1. Oracle DBA Certification
2. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
3. 6 years of database administration experience required, in the Healthcare sector preferred.
4. Demonstrated experience in project management, systems and database administration and integration, database design, user relations, and vendor interactions.
5. Experience with patient care databases and financial and administrative database applications required.
6. Demonstrated experience in monitoring, tuning, and administrating databases based on Oracle RDBMS 7.x to 10.2 and Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 2005. Expertise in the implementation and maintenance of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
7. Solid experience with Oracle SQL*NET, SQL*Loader, SQL Plus, and Import/Export utilities in an NT and/or UNIX operating environment.
8. Demonstrated experience in SQL tuning and PL/SQL programming required.
9. Strong interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, provide strong team leadership, and work effectively as a team player.
10. Highly organized and motivated with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, manage several broad-scope projects at one time, and utilize time effectively for staff and self.
11. Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
12. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Note: Partial telecommuting (1-2 days/week) is available. Major medical center in metropolitan area. Non-profit. EOE.
Dice - 4 years ago
Cedars-Sinai has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders. We were named to the Honor Roll in the...