At the Intermountain Healthcare Physician’s Answering Service, we answer for over 1500 physicians and also many of the other departments within Intermountain Healthcare.
We intercept calls from hospitals, physicians, and their patients. All physicians on our service are active or have privileges at any Intermountain Healthcare facility. We provide a 24 hour service, 365 days a year with professionally trained operators.
All calls received are taken care of and dispatched to the on-call physicians in a timely manner, and are done so as pertains to their personal contact information. Patients are provided with the utmost respect, compassion, and care. Callers are always greeted by a live person and are informed as to the action we are taking on their call.
- Simultaneously manage telephone and computer systems to quickly address caller concerns.
- Defuse situations when receiving calls from patients in crisis or illness.
- Follow detailed instructions for 1500 different providers to reach them with immediacy.
- Work as part of a team to successfully complete assignments.
- Committed to patient confidentiality.
Entry Rate: 10.62
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a PRN position, will work as needed. Will work afternoon shift, weekends and holidays
- Basic computer knowledge
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Requires excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to type at least 30 WPM (words per minute)
- Work experience in telephone customer service
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task assignments
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 13 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...