Martin’s Point has a state-of-the-art data warehouse containing data from all aspects of its operations. Utilizing standard data manipulation tools as well as the Cognos presentation layer toolset, the Informatics Department provides business intelligence services to Martin’s Point, starting with data architecture and stewardship (the Information Architecture team) to the use of state of the art toolsets (the BI Administration team) and finally the delivery of reports, analyses and consultation (the BI Reporting team) to the management team at Martin’s Point all with the goal of improving performance throughout the organization.
The BI Reporting Analyst (on the BI Reporting team) provides analytic and decision support to the Medical Management at Martin’s Point utilizing the data warehouse as the primary, but not exclusive, source of data. The analyst works closely with internal departments to provide accurate, timely, and consistent information, which enables informed decisions related to improving performance - clinically, financially and operationally. The analyst also provides business intelligence consulting services to our internal customers related to their respective data. This consulting refers to using the BI Reporting Analyst’s content knowledge and analytical expertise to guide and educate customers on leveraging their data and our toolsets to better support operations and decision-making.
- Develops clinical and financial reporting and analyses to support Martin’s Point strategic and tactical needs and to fulfill contractual requirements for external customers
- Effectively packages the presentation of reporting and analyses to various audiences using a variety of tools from Excel to PowerPoint to the Cognos tools
- Works with output from purchased software packages, including, for example, Ingenix’s ImpactPro and Impact Intelligence, and HEDIS software, to:
- develop assessments of future risk (both financial and clinical) for presentation to various internal and external audiences including care managers, financial managers and employer clients;
- develop risk-adjusted clinical and financial performance profiling of providers
- incorporate HEDIS results into various analytic projects
- Develops and maintains dashboards of key performance metrics for internal customers
- Develops and maintains operational reporting for internal customers
- Works with Data Acquisition (ETL) Developers to develop and document common methodologies, definitions, and databases for analytic reporting, ensuring accuracy, eliminating duplication of effort and providing a forum for sharing ideas and creative problem solving
- Researches new data sources and performs data discovery as required
- Provides technical assistance to department staff regarding software capabilities and efficiencies
- Stays apprised of health care trends and managed care issues
- Develops knowledge and understanding of business processes at MPHC
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Health Care or Business Administration
- At least 2 years experience in health care industry, from payer or provider perspective
- At least 2 years experience related to reporting and analysis of health care related data with thorough knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Access, and Excel.
Ability to interpret and scope customer requirements
- Knowledge of the health care industry
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, applications, and toolsets
- Expert data manipulation skills using current state tools (SQL, Access)
- Effective presentation of reporting and analytic results using a variety of tools
- Understanding of CPT and ICD-9 coding as well as medical terminology
- Knowledge of standard health care metrics for payer and provider reporting
We provide reliable, proven clinical services at health care centers in Maine and New Hampshire. We also administer the US Family Health...