Cisco is always looking to identify talented people, especially Network Consulting Engineers in the Datacenter Networking and Virtualization space. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job for Technical Consultants right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future.
If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises Cisco representative can contact you directly.
Advanced Services Network Consulting Engineers (NCE) deliver technologies, solutions and services that Cisco’s customers need to proactively manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer" working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. The ideal candidate takes initiative, is an independent thinker and creative problem solver. This candidate should also be comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
Consulting skills required:
Technical Skills Required:
- Technical lead to design, migrate, deploy and support new Server based virtualization solutions and applications such as Cisco UCS.
- Work with Cisco service teams and delivery partners to establish credibility and capability to clients in the ability to configure, deploy and operate world class datacenter environments to support business and mission critical application architectures
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate data center technical professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate server based technologies within the virtualized data center of the future
- Strong written, verbal and white board skills
- Experience with enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
- Ability to understand and can articulate the technical merits and value of data center virtualization. Strong customer-interaction skills and architectural skills
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with data center personnel, as well as work collaboratively with technical professionals.
- Proven ability to document appropriate technical information to serve as base for training, technical operations run books and knowledge objects.
- Provide knowledge transfer to end clients on how to best architect, deploy and operate their environment
- Ability to present and discuss technical best practices, concepts, and technologies for innovative computing solutions
- Work on complex and sensitive business problems and help implement state of the art data center solutions.-Work closely with engineering and service teams to build unique technical configuration, skills, and best practices to optimize the use of Cisco technology in modern datacenter environments
- Support and identify new service opportunities that exceed those currently offered by Cisco.
- Participate in developing and delivering on strategic initiatives for the services team
- Assist the team in the prioritization and development of key activities, tools and technical implementation programs
- Develop and nurture strong customer relationships with the data center design, operations and support personnel.
Technical lead to design, migrate, deploy and support new Server based virtualization solutions and applications such as Cisco UCS.
Technical Skills desired but all not mandatory or expected:
This person can be in major US metropolitan area. Other locations may be considered. This position will require *75% travel*.
- Broad technical knowledge of the data center and in addition the infrastructure pillars of SAN, and Network .
- Strong understanding of virtualization tools and concepts (VMware, Citrix/XEN, Hyper-V, Platespin, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of multi-tiered application environments, including their design, implementation, and capacity/scaling challenges (SAP Netweaver/Basis, Oracle Fusion, Websphere, Exchange, Active Directory etc.)
- Extensive experience with the Linux (RHEL / Suse) and / or Microsoft operating systems. Experience with other Unix-based operating systems helpful.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with SAN, Server technologies and data center operations.
- Knowledge of database technologies. Sybase, SQL Server, and Oracle RAC experience ideal.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple platform interoperability and utility/grid computing concepts
- Performance Tuning of Operating Systems, Applications, Databases, Storage, and Networking helpful.
- Working knowledge of high availability and business continuity from a technology and business process perspective, experience defining RPO/RTO expectations Data replication technologies.
- Understanding of security procedures and practices.
Role typically requires 7 plus years of industry related IT consulting experience and BSCS or equivalent
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...