We are looking for a thoughtful and passionate Product Manager to join the Integrated Retail product management team. If you are passionate about bringing cutting-edge products to bear, this position is for you. In this role, you will work with the different businesses within the retail format, our engineering teams, business intelligence and user experience to find opportunities to service our customers better. This forward-thinking position requires a proven familiarity with product development, mobile technologies, key mobile players, digital media technologies, online community strategies, as well as experience in leading multiple technical projects and interacting with multiple stakeholders from product inception to completion.
• Responsible for the over-all software development life cycle of a key product feature
• Management and execution within an Agile/Scrum environment against project plans and delivery commitments
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to invent cutting edge user experiences using a variety of across multiple technologies.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Develop cogent and realistic business case scenarios for new product capabilities – to rationalize resource investments.
• Establish product positioning and customer value proposition.
• Anticipate industry and product trends, capability prioritization and tradeoffs, balancing business needs versus technical constraints.
• Perform and evaluate market research. Analyze market markets, consumers, competitors, internal product trends, and technology trends, along with revenue patterns of products.
• Successful candidates must be highly innovative, capable of defining and clearly communicating strategic initiatives, product concepts, clear product goals and audience objectives, and mobile trends to a variety of executive, creative, and technical audiences.
• Uses market analysis, best practices, traffic metrics, emerging trends, and lessons learned from previous projects to produce superior mobile products and user experience with an overall entrepreneurial attitude
• Produces functional documentation, including business and audience objectives, requirements, success criteria, process flows, wireframes, system interface design, usability testing and status reports as needed.
• Defining a world-class customer experience that bridges the online and mobile channels
• Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Translating the customer experience into a logically-sequenced product and feature roadmap
• Writing detailed product requirements documents and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, usability, and development teams
• Managing prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load
• Proactively identifying and resolving strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Leading across the organization to ensure we implement the vision efficiently
• Coordinate strategy development and user experience design for multiple business-to-business and business-to-consumer applications
• Work closely with engineering teams, design, and program management in an agile environment to deliver products to market. Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning.
• Coordinate the optimization of user/customer experience, generation of creative ideas and solutions to deliver the best and timely results.
• Collaborate with Consumer Insights to research and develop understanding of customer trends. Understand and analyze competitive landscape
• Provide the products with the competitive advantages and the strategic business framework necessary to grow revenue and profit margins
Minimum Required Qualifications
• 5+ years relevant professional experience required
• At least 3+ years product/program management, product marketing, project management, business development, management consulting or equivalent experience desired
• Graduate of an accredited 4-year college or university.
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
• Experience in designing, implementing and continuously improving customer engagement through marketing programs ideally in complex multi-channel, multi-product environments.
• Ability to take analytic insights and translate into creative engagement strategies.
• Vision & Strategic Thinking: Identifies opportunities to get and keep the organization at the competitive forefront and develops long-term business strategies to capitalize on those opportunities.
• Business & Financial Acumen: Uses the right metrics to size opportunities on multiple dimensions (risk, opportunity, customer, competition, ROI.)
• Builds Relationships / Influences: Utilizes an understanding of the organization to develop tailored approaches to ensure success.
• Leading & Driving Change: Takes initiative to drive change, experimentation and prudent risk-taking that aligns with strategic priorities.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Subject matter or industry expertise preferred
• Excellent management skills, people & time management
• Ability to work under pressure
• Online retail and/or marketing/strategy experience preferred
• MBA preferred
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related fields a plus.
5 - 10 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Sears Holdings Corp. - 17 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...