Position: Commercial Loan Processor
Reports to: Commercial Loan Officer
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
This position requires knowledge of commercial loans and documentation, as well as, the ability to review and prepare commercial loan closings, effectively communicate with customers and co-workers to provide a variety of administrative duties. Carry out basic accounting functions,
Employee will have extensive contact with customers, vendors, the general public, and bank staff and will interact in a professional and courteous manner, and conduct him/herself in such relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall efficiency and image of the bank.
• Assist commercial loan officer with marketing strategies, to include customer calling program, cross selling other Glacier Bank products and referring as appropriate. Monitor production numbers for lending team on all calls, referrals and sales for annual performance process.
• Assist commercial loan officer with new loan applicants, to include interviewing clients when needed. Gathering initial documentation necessary to make loan decision, i.e. credit bureau reports, OFAC, lien searches, tax notices, order appraisals, title commitments, etc. Prepare loan credit authorization ensuring accuracy of information and assist through the approval process with account officer. Prepare documents for commercial loans, to include SBA, RBS and other government programs and packages for closings, making sure necessary documents are in order and have been reviewed to be complete and accurate. Assist lender with loan closings and be prepared to close loans. Follow-up with customers after all loan closing with a “Thank You”.
• Keep current on before mentioned programs, lending regulations, procedures and documentation and be a knowledgeable resource to lenders.
• Assist Customer/Lender with file maintenance, portfolio maintenance, credits/debits to all accounts/loans as needed.
• Assist Lender with reports, scheduling, arranging events and lunches with customers and for bank meetings.
• Participate in Community Service and Bank-sponsored activities that serve and support the mission and values of Glacier Bank.
• Provide superior internal and external customer service: must demonstrate self-governance, courtesy and respect toward external customers as well as internal customers (all organization personnel).
• Complete required bank and BVS training courses within assigned time frame(s).
• All employees are accountable for compliance with applicable laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to participate in required training to become familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Represent Glacier Bank in a professional manner which includes a professional image, confidentiality, a positive “can-do” attitude, good attendance, punctuality, flexibility and adaptability in meeting bank and customer needs. Keep work area tidy and maintain customer privacy.
• Additional duties as requested or assigned.
• Must have a moderate level of knowledge on loan documentation.
• Must have a moderate level of multi-line phone systems.
• High degree of attention to detail as well as excellent organizational skill(s) to perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have ability to prioritize and organize heavy workload(s) and demonstrate effective time management skill(s).
• Must have the ability to work in a professional manner and consistently demonstrate courtesy, customer service, and tact in a fast-paced/deadlines-oriented environment.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately: perform effectively under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines and make decisions based on regulation(s), company policy(s), knowledge and experience.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Basic computer skill with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, ten-key, and general computer applications.
• Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Customer service and sales experience preferred.
• A moderate level of banking knowledge desired.