Retail Cashier - Roosevelt Field
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for cashiers to provide an accurate, friendly and efficient checkout experience for customers.
From attentive salespeople to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal cashier is professional, motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Assist customers at checkout with sales, returns and other transactions
- Assist coworkers with sales, returns and inventory control processes
- Maintain an awareness of key fashion trends and product knowledge in order to assist customers with purchase decisions as necessary
- Maintain the cleanliness of the sales floor and cash wrap area
- Answer telephones and direct customers to the appropriate contact
- Restock the sales floor and complete other departmental duties, as necessary
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer proficiency and comfortable learning new computer applications
- Strong organizational, math and written communication skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom - 2 years ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...