For more than 90 years, TIAA-CREF has been helping those in the academic, medical, cultural and research fields plan for and live in retirement. We do this with a full array of financial products and services to help them live to and through retirement and invest for life's other goals along the way. In keeping with our strong nonprofit heritage, we offer low fees, a long-term approach to investing, and a full line of financial products and services provided by financial consultants who never receive commissions.
For more information about TIAA-CREF,
visit our website
Consultant, Field Consulting Group
position is a professional level position with multi-pronged career path options after at least 18 months in role.
- Provide a broad range of financial consulting/planning services to our individual customers/participants at existing mega and large institutions ensuring asset retention and growth.
- Accountable for making TIAA-CREF the primary relationship (first call) for customers in need of distinctive advice, products and services related to achieving their long-term financial goals.
- Sale and delivery of all products and services including retail mutual funds, annuities, IRAs, 529 and 403b plans, life insurance and others.
- Counsel participants on their pension plans, tax deferred annuities and available investment options, recommend and facilitate new purchases and provide authoritative information upon which important personal financial planning decisions are based.
- Strong emphasis on services, sales, customers, and retention objectives.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 - 10 years industry experience.
- NASD Series 7 and 63 Registered Representative with all applicable state insurance licensing (life, health and accident).
- Professional designation strongly desired: CFP, CLU, ChFC, etc.
- Expert knowledge of financial planning concepts; including a broad knowledge of TIAA-CREF products.
- Proven written, verbal and presentation skills to large audiences.
- Excellent communication and sales skills.
- Travel required. Valid U.S. Driver
If selected, you would enjoy a competitive compensation package including variable compensation opportunity with proven performance, robust benefits, and the opportunity to grow and develop your career and the ability to work in a corporate culture made up of dedicated people who are inspired by our mission to serve those who serve the greater good.
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are
making a difference
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...