The Local Sales Account Executive is a dynamic position that is vital to the livelihood of the station. This position is responsible for selling on-air and web/mobile advertising to local businesses and agencies.
- Sell commercial time to local and/or regional advertisers and agencies. Includes on-air and digital media platforms.
- Generate new revenue by solicitation of new advertisers.
- Maintain and service current clients.
- Responsible for ensuring commercials are complete and ready to air on schedule.
- Responsible for orderly flow of all sales transactions, including overseeing preemptions and make-goods.
- Prepare creative presentations using rating services and other sources.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record; use of personal vehicle for sales calls required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications preferred, or the equivalent.
- Previous media experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and ability to learn proprietary software (Wide Orbit, One Domain).
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please send resume and cover letter indicating referral source to:
WPTZ/WNNE- AE Search
5 Television Drive
Plattsburgh, N.Y. 12901
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearst Television Inc. - 17 months ago