J.P. Morgan Private Bank
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank, which includes both the Private Bank and Private Wealth Management lines of business, offers high (HNW; $2M-25M) and ultra-high net worth (UHNW; $25M+) individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, lending, trust and banking capabilities. Recognized in February 2012 by
as the #1 Private Bank for UHNW individuals globally. J.P. Morgan is focused on delivering "first class business in a first class way" - our guiding principle.
This proofreader position supports the entire Creative Services department. The proofreader is responsible for coordinating with the communications and design teams in Investments, Banking & Credit, Regions and Segments, Global Events and Wealth Advisory to ensure all materials are aligned with the J.P. Morgan Private Bank style guide and correct in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, diction and voice. The proofreader reports to and works with the lead Editor on special projects, which may involve coordinating review and implementing editorial changes. In addition, the proofreader will work with the project management team to help maintain tracking systems and other specific responsibilities as needed.
The Proofreader is responsible for understanding the J.P. Morgan Private Bank and the experience it offers clients and to ensure the editorial excellence of marketing communications produced by Creative Services.
This position requires close collaboration with:
Creative teams aligned against major business/marketing areas
Project management team
Creative and Communications Directors
- Proofreading and copyediting materials and communications in multiple media and formats to ensure adherence to the firm's editorial style guide
- Working with editorial team to ensure effective communications and materials are consistently error-free
- Help manage pool of outside proofreaders to coordinate additional proofreading as needed on major projects
- Ensuring accuracy of information
- Meeting daily with Studio Manager and Creative Services team to review all work in studio and ensure timely delivery on all projects
- Special projects as directed by lead Editor
- Administrative departmental tasks including upkeep of studio tracking database.
- Proven proofreading and copyediting ability: solid working knowledge of grammar, syntax, punctuation, diction and appropriate tone for the UHNW and HNW segments we serve
- Familiarity with different media formats for distribution of content, through web or print or personal presentation
- Solid project management and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to develop solid working partnerships with peers, colleagues and senior management
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a continuously changing environment
- A working knowledge of design technology; in making editorial suggestions, consider how a designer will need to implement changes and how the reader will view the piece
- Interest in strategic solutions and ability to see synergies across materials
- Sensitivity to the global work environment, which may require responding to late night and early morning requests
- Able to work as part of a team
- Great attitude
- Well-organized and able to thrive on working swiftly and cleanly
US-NY-New York-270 Park Avenue / 02317
Asset & Wealth Management
JPMorgan Chase - 22 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...