Responsibilities include providing research-based analyses and estimates to support A+E Networks programming, marketing, scheduling and PR departments. Keep management updated on developments and trends and assist in the development of strategies, presentations and pertinent data in positioning A+E Networks in the marketplace.
• Download daily Nielsen ratings into in-house systems/reports.
• Analyze competitive ratings for A+E Networks and issue highlights.
• Evaluate program schedules and competitive environments to formulate ratings estimates.
• Produce standard weekly/monthly reports.
• Assist SVP, VPs and Directors in preparing research presentations for A+E Networks Programming, Marketing and Scheduling departments.
• Maintain program line-ups in system(s).
• Respond to ad hoc inquiries from various departments within A+E Networks.
The qualified candidate must have minimum 3 years television research experience in a cable network, rep firm, syndicator, broadcast network or ad agency. Candidate must be familiar with Nielsen data systems and terminology as well as secondary research sources (MRI or SMRB). Excellent analytical and written communication skills are essential. Candidate must be detail-oriented and a strategic thinker, and must possess strong computer skills – Excel/Powerpoint.
We were founded in 1984, with two cable channels when cable was far from a sure bet. Now we’re a global entertainment media company...