WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open Nationwide to current US Air Force Enlisted service members (National Guard, Active Duty, or Reserve) eligible for immediate enlistment into the Georgia Air National Guard.
Position Location: USPFO, Clay National Guard Center, Marietta, Georgia.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Indefinite, dual-status position which requires Georgia Air National Guard Membership. This position may be converted to a permanent position without further competition.
Job Summary: This ARNG/ANG position is located in the US Property and Fiscal Office (USP&FO), Internal Review (IR) Office. Its purpose is to serve as a management analyst in an internal review support role and perform a variety of internal review support assignments. Assignments involve supporting various segments of internal review audit projects or studies under the direction of a higher graded auditor; or conducting consulting or advisory services under the direction of a higher graded auditor.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Georgia Air National Guard Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ANG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Management Analyst functions in support of programs essential to state Air National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Air National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Air National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
- Must be a current U.S. Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply.
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
- Military Requirement: AFSC: 3SXX1 or 6F0X1.
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Reviews organizational information (i.e., TDA organization and function manual), previous audit and inspection reports, applicable Department of Army (DA) or United States Air Force (USAF) regulations, and activity mission statements to identify tentative sub-objectives or firm objectives based on the role of the audit assignment.
- Performs management studies of organizations auditable entity to identify potential problems such as reviewing operating procedures and management practices of the activity.
- Conducts troubleshooting and management studies to ascertain the need for changes in existing management systems or methods of operation such as work processes, functional responsibility, operating techniques, organizational structure and other factors effecting the efficient and economical use of available resources.
- Participates in providing management consulting services on all aspects of improving management operations for the state.
- Provides liaison assistance, as required, to external audit organizations with responsibility for coordinating their activities with the IR Office.
- Performs follow-up assignments on agreed upon audit findings, recommendations, and monetary benefits made during previous audits engagements.
- Reports to the Adjutant General and USP&FO on the status of corrective actions taken by functional activities.
- Conducts or participates in the discussion of findings with activity personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience, education, or training in administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other responsible work which demonstrates analytical ability and a practical and theoretical knowledge of the functions, processes and principles of management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 24 months specialized experience which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques. Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative techniques to conduct a variety of management studies which are of a procedural or factual nature.
- Knowledge of administrative regulations and operating procedures to perform management studies, identifies potential problem areas, and recommends changes in existing management systems or operations.
- Knowledge of management principles and organizational theory, techniques, procedures, and regulations.
- Skill in preparing and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Skill in application of fact-finding and investigative techniques; oral and written communications; and development of presentations and reports.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Management Analyst position, the selectee must be assigned to any unit in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlisted in AFSC 3SXX1 or 6F0X1. Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire.
The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/InteractiveBenefits#icc .
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
usajobs.gov - 10 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...