We are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to add to our Operations Team. In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Development teams, Operations teams, and Management team to maintain and evolve the Live Gamer datacenter infrastructure. You will also be responsible for maintaining and improving our uptime record and performance, monitoring network health, handling both planned and unplanned events, and planning for and executing capacity and capabilities growth as Live Gamer expands. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to learn new software technologies and will be extremely efficient with organizing and completing tasks. Our production systems run on CentOS and combine JBoss, Tomcat, Grails, and Oracle.
- Maintain and improve our application deployment processes.
- Improve our current monitoring, tools, procedures, and site reliability.
- Monitor service stability and performance.
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, applications and network.
- Prioritize tasks and work independently, while interacting with product and engineering team.
- Configure servers and network.
- Write scripts to monitor and automate processes.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Actively participate in all aspects of engineering decision making.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux.
- 3+ years of experience with Nagios.
- 2+ years experience with a configuration management systems (Puppet, in particular).
- Experience deploying JBoss applications on Linux in a SaaS environment.
- Experience in an Operations department of large-scale Internet services.
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Ruby or Python preferred).
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, storage, Oracle databases, subversion, and memcached.
- Strong network experience.
- Excellent communication skills, practical problem solving skills, flexibility and a good sense of humor are required!
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, stock options and many more perks!
- B.S. in Computer Science.
- Senior level networking knowledge.
- Experience in a highly secure environment.
- Previous experience with PCI compliance.
- Experience with VMWare.
Live Gamer, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard