Under general supervision of the Administrative Services Manager, provide support for the enrollment function of the Child Development program, during the high enrollment season. This includes intake assessments, tracking intake progress, obtaining information from prospective families for the waiting list, managing and coordinating discontinuances, and maintaining child classroom changes. Coordinate and facilitate new family orientations on an ongoing basis. The Admissions Specialist will be cross-trained on all other administrative functions of the Administrative Services team and will be responsible for filling in when necessary.
1. Maintain the admissions wait list. Provide customer service to public inquiries about enrollment in the Child Development program. Input data to maintain accurate, current Child Care waiting list. Run reports on waiting list and maintain data fields to ensure necessary information is collected to aid in decision-making.
2. When notified of a classroom opening, evaluate waiting list families to determine eligibility for enrollment based on priority criteria. Conduct initial interview of families. Maintain classrooms at maximum capacity.
3. Prepares all intake information packets and ensures families are notified of the information requests. Coordinates with families to obtain all necessary information. Handles all administrative tasks related to intake, including:
• Checking all intake forms for proper completion
• Distributing forms/copies to appropriate departments
• Interface with Business Office on food program and IDHS subsidy eligibility
• Updating computer database and manual files with vital information
• Creating files for new children/families
4. Run reports on monthly classroom lists, including child classroom changes, and distribute to appropriate departments. Track openings in each room and begin intake process for open slots.
5. On a timely basis, notify appropriate departments of family/child’s discontinuance.
• Secure and file all necessary forms to terminate and close files
• If necessary, purge closed files
6. Coordinate and facilitate new family/child orientations. Schedule orientations with incoming families, coordinating with appropriate departments, including Clinical Services and Child Development Supervisors and Teachers. Ensure new families/children are properly oriented to their section and are introduced to the classroom Teachers and Supervisors. .
7. Conduct center tours for prospective clients and visitors by appointment.
8. Provide coverage and greet in the front lobby for morning arrivals of children and families, when needed.
9. Provide support to Child Development Director, Supervisors and Nurse when needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, including outreach campaigns, such as brochures and flyers distribution.
11. Acts with integrity and aspires to model the core values of DCMC in the delivery of all services
Mandatory Job Qualifications
Administrative and/or customer service experience a plus. Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook and Adobe Acrobat. Excellent organizational skills required in order to manage documentation and record-keeping requirements. Ability to coordinate details, organize procedures, and prioritize assignments. Communication and interpersonal skills to conduct intake interviews, interact professionally with a diverse client population and respect confidentiality requirements. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
NPO.net - 23 months ago