Position subject to budget approval.
The MeckTech Advisor-Recruiter is created to advise and recruit high school students in technical career fields, with an emphasis on STEMS Programs. This position will work to ensure that students graduate high school.
Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Serves as the connector and facilitator to significantly increase the number of current CMS students participating in apprenticeships, internships and community college programs in technical programs with an emphasis on STEMS programs.
2. Learns, adapts to, and meets the current and future needs of local businesses.
3. Defines pathways toward 21st century career opportunities in the STEMS profession.
4. Counsels students on the opportunities related to various careers and the coursework needed to enter those fields.
5. Creates awareness campaigns to students, families and guidance counselors about the value of certificate, degree and diploma programs at the community college.
6. Coordinates field trips, assemblies, small group meetings, classroom visits, other activities aimed at providing students and teachers information about career pathways and post-secondary educational options.
7. Develops meaningful student volunteer opportunities and communicates them to parents, businesses, and the community.
8. Effectively communicates to business leaders the incentives and benefits of investing in students.
9. Manages day to day program, including program evaluation, tracking and analyzing student recruitment, school-wide and business data, and manage annual budget and operating plan.
10. Builds relationships and maintains regular communication with administrators, teachers, Career Development Coordinators, CPCC STEMS staff and CMS Zone staff.
11. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Marketing or related field and a minimum of two years of job related experience
Knowledge of CPCC, CMS and STEMs
1. Applications for this position will be accepted up until midnight on the closing date listed or until filled.
2. A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
3. During the application process, applicants will be prompted to build a cover letter and resume. Applicants may upload an existing cover letter; however will be required to build a resume using a standardized format in the on-line system.
4. College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the "supporting documents" section of the application process. Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
5. Applicants will be given the option to attach a comprehensive resume of educational, professional and community qualifications as an additional document if desires.
6. All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 5:00pm on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary placement will be on Range K ($39,067 - $59,381/annual) of the Non-Faculty Pay Grades. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile ($39,067 - $44,145/annual). Work year is 12 calendar months. Initial contract type is Conditional. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position.
CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more. For a complete listing of benefits offered at CPCC please visit our website at Benefits .
CPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Central Piedmont Community College - 13 months ago