Virtualization Solutions Architect - Milpitas, CA
We are currently in the process of growing our development team based in Milpitas, California and have a number of open positions for Virtualization Solutions Architects to work on our Virtual Machine Orchestration solution.
Shenick is an award winning provider of IP test and measurement solutions used by over 150 customers worldwide to test and determine the performance limitations of virtualized and physical network infrastructures and Cloud solutions. Our solutions helps service providers and network equipment manufacturers to analyze the performance limitations and capabilities of a wide variety of security and networking devices including VPN/Firewall, vSwitch, DPI or IPS/IDS, vLoad Balancer and video infrastructure.
Description of Role:
- Understand customer orchestration requirements, design and implement a solution to meet these requirements ensuring they are aligned with our flagship product TeraVM.
- Productizing orchestration solutions to compliment Shenick's TeraVM product line.
- Working effectively with our Test & Verification Team to resolve issues.
The successful candidate requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be proficient in most of the following:
- Minimum of 3 years technical solutions experience.
- Detailed understanding of virtualization technologies and cloud computing.
- In-depth experience of orchestration needs and orchestration technologies on various hypervisors – VMware, Hyper-V, KVM and Xen.
- Familiarity with hypervisor Operating Systems/Environments – Vmware vSphere/vCenter (for VMware ESXi), Microsoft Windows Server (for Hyper-V), Citrix XenServer (for Xen) and Fedora/Ubuntu/CentOS (for KVM).
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as perl, python, bash and shell scripts.
- Knowledge of source code management systems, (particularly Subversion) would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with proven analytic and problem solving abilities.
- Be self motivated, creative, and a team player.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science or similar.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Virtualization Solutions Architects in the subject line. All candidate applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.