Performs various functions within the cafeteria/retail areas, including but not limited to, operating the point-of-sale machine, cleaning tables, making coffee/espresso, preparing hot/cold items per menu, and packaging and dishing food items.
Operates point-of-sale machine to record all transactions in keeping with the organizations cash handling policies and procedures.
Prepares quick service items including but not limited to; burgers, fish and chips, pizza and hot/cold items.
Maintains all hot and cold foods at proper temperature.
Operates, safely and accurately a variety of commercial food service equipment, including knives, slicer, thermometers, measuring utensils, scales, toaster, food warmer, mixer, blender, grill, fryer, broiler, and microwave oven.
Makes coffee and espresso.
Maintains a clean, well-stocked beverage and condiment bar.
Maintains clean and organized dining tables and seating area.
Pre-dishes and packages items in appropriate amounts.
Follows procedures for procuring food items from refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas.
Labels, dates and stores all foods in keeping with department standards.
Follows department and government safety and sanitation standards.
- Maintains a "clean as you go" work space.
- One year of recent food service and cashiering work experience OR any combination of experience and education that would demonstrate the capability to perform the duties of the position preferred.
- Current State Department of Health Food Worker Card is required.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
WA-Tacoma-St Joseph Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...