The Lead / Manager Game Developer will lead a team of programmers within a cross-disciplinary game development environment. The Ideal candidate will leverage proven planning, communication and hands-on implementation skills developing F2P client / server games. The position involves working closely with the producer, project manager and other peer leads to equally plan and implement optimal engineering solutions governed by an “agile” development methodology. This is a full-time programming position and a key role for the purpose of creating MMO / browser-based games.
- Lead and collaborate with others to create large-scale, F2P browser-based / MMOGs using Unity3D.
- Actively lead in the technical planning, scoping, architecture design and implementation.
- Responsible for designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions including: Client/Server game features, asset management and delivery systems, general network compatible game systems, physics and collision integration, graphics, GUI integration control interfaces.
- Optimize existing projects, develop new and innovative software for future projects.
- Perform regular 1-on-1’s and code reviews.
- Work with QA staff to resolve bugs.
- Assist the project manager in maintaining development focus, managing technical risks, regularly reporting on development progress, and ensuring our build is solid and functions well every day.
- Work within a scrum based development environment where test-driven development techniques are embraced.
- Be both the vision keeper and a hands-on developer for the entire project's code base.
- You are a dynamic leader
- Fluency in C++ or C# is essential.
- Mentorship of others to help guide and identify software solutions.
- Proven experience applying the right people to the right job at the right time.
- Excellent task definition, breakdown and scheduling skills.
- Experience creating robust code, documentation, build/deployment systems and unit testing frameworks.
- Solid experience with OOP (object-oriented programming) and use of modern design patterns.
- Experience working with and creating internally shared run-time technologies and tools
- Experience creating state-of-the-art games and development pipelines.
- Experience with VCS (version control systems) such as SVN, Git or Perforce.
- Basic understanding of linear algebra as applied to 3D games.
- You are a problem-solver and team player who’s happy to work proactively with all disciplines and work independently when necessary.
If interested in this excellent opportunity, please send your resume in a word attachment to: James@ZanderMax.com
- Experience with MMOGs or networked multi-player games.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux server templates, including configuration and optimization.
- Experience with Unity3D.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience using PHP, MySQL, web API’s and LAMP servers. Experience with LUA, ActionScript, Python.
Do you know a friend or colleague who might be a great fit for this position? ZanderMax has the best referral bonus in the business! Refer a friend or colleague and when we place your referral at this position or any other, you will be handsomely rewarded with a referral bonus of up to $3,000!
Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Fremont, CA 94538
( 510.834.6900 Voice
www.ZanderMax.com – See All of Our Openings!
Monster - 10 months ago
ZanderMax is a Professional Executive Search and Technical Talent Acquisition Firm. We specialize in providing companies with high-octane ta...