Intact America—a non-profit human rights organization dedicated to ending the practice of routine infant circumcision in the U.S.—seeks a dynamic, highly-motivated individual to fill a Project Associate position at our Tarrytown office in Westchester County, NY. Candidates must be committed to Intact America’s mission—to protect all babies and children from circumcision and all other forms of medically unnecessary genital alteration, in the name of culture, religion, profit, or parental preference. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team working on one of the leading human rights issue of the 21st century.
The Project Associate will be given an opportunity to build leadership skills, coordinate and implement projects, and contribute to vital, strategic initiatives throughout the organization. Primary responsibilities entail coordinating fundraising activities; developing communications with internal and external audiences; liaising with colleagues, vendors, volunteers, and staff; and devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing. The person filling this position will be an integral member of a small team responsible for the visibility and success of Intact America in working to end the systematic human rights abuse of baby boys.
Qualifications : Candidates must be self-starters who are comfortable working both independently and as an active team member. Must have well-developed organizational skills with attention to detail, as well as excellent writing, proofreading, editing, research, and oral skills. The successful candidate will also have the temperament to communicate with a variety of people and personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. High school diploma required, college degree strongly preferred. 1-2 years experience in office setting preferred. Finance and Fundraising experience a plus. Qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample.
- Coordination of fundraising initiatives
- Plays an integral role in the development department by reporting on and maintaining superior data management systems
- Manages, tracks, and monitors gifts
- Accepts, records and responds to donations. Donations can be in the form of checks, charges or cash, all of which must be recorded in the database.
- Sends donor acknowledgment letters with an appropriate signature or handwritten note
- Deposits gifts by submitting them to the accounting department of the organization
- Responsible for any donor records that are not electronically kept
- Conducts prospect research as assigned
- Assists with major gifts to implement database procedures that support Moves Management activities
- Generates reports that track and review all organizational giving and budget to actual figures
- Maintains the donors database; all information recorded within the database is expected to be accurate and up-to-date
- In conjunction with key staff, ensures organization is using database systems, fundraising tools and donor management systems to best possible advantage for optimal return.
- Proactively supports Intact America activities
- Maintains Intact America documents to ensure they are current and branded appropriately
- Participates in meetings to coordinate and manage action items
- Tracks budget and manages invoicing and cash receipts
- Coordinates conferences activities
- Assists with administrative tasks as assigned
- Assumes responsibility for communication activities
- Conducts blog outreach
- Assists in the production of monthly e-newsletter from an editorial and technical perspective
- Assists with development and implementation of online campaigns that include web, social media, email marketing and multimedia components
- Assists with public relations activities
- Manages the communications schedule, and works closely with communications and development to ensure donor contact is strategic and appropriate
- Assists with research efforts on advocacy and/or mission related topics
- Asks probing questions to obtain proper scope of assignment
- Conducts research as assigned
- Consolidates findings in a clear and concise manner
- Performs other duties as assigned