Job ID # : 4409 Location: Windsor, CT
Functional Area : Compliance SBU: 49003 - AIX
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : Bachelors Degree
Experience Required : 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Delivering on promises for over 160 years!”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010 and 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a “Top Places to Work” and by Business Insurance as a “Best Places to Work”.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for assisting in the monitoring and ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and procedures through the review and communication of state and industry bulletins to both internal and external clients. Will also assist in a wide array of research intensive projects and maintenance and development of internal procedures. Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in nature. This position does include some administrative duties. Evaluation, originality and ingenuity are required. Strong research skills and the ability to navigate to the next step within a project with minimal guidance are necessary. Works closely with all departments, management, Program Administrators and agents, State Departments of Insurance, and other outside vendors including, but not limited to NCCI and PCI. This position provides genuine opportunity to grow in the insurance industry by exposing the suitable candidate to a wide range of topics and experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Monitor, analyze, evaluate, interpret and communicate, to appropriate audience, all state and industry bulletins for impact to company business.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal requirements and regulations as impacts business.
- Promptly, accurately and diplomatically communicate with appropriate State Departments of Insurance and/or other Federal or State Agencies when necessary.
- Develops and implements training procedures and processes for program policy writing manuals and company wide compliance initiatives.
- Assist in researching and maintaining information on a wide array of Compliance and Regulatory issues.
- Monitors, assists and responds to various state data calls and reports as needed for the various lines of business.
- Assist in conducting audits of Program Administrators.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; one to three years’ related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years experience in the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Strong property and casualty operations background.
- Knowledge of all Commercial Lines of Business including Workers Compensation a must.
- Travel is required, up to 40%.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to write summary reports and business correspondence.
- Competent in Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates.
The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for nearly 160 years. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the country and maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 22 months ago