The Senior Accountant is responsible for the activities associated with maintaining the integrity of the general ledger for multiple BSG entities. Responsibilities include the accurate and timely processing of key accounting information and monthly preparation of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and tax regulations. The Senior Accountant is part of the North American financial Accounting team and will be focused on the implementation of best practice and process improvement to support the achievement of departmental, divisional and organizational goals. Interaction with all functional areas is required.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Monthly preparation, verification and control of required journal entries
- Monthly preparation of financial statements
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Year end preparation of 10 K schedules
- Preparation of annual schedules for Business Interruption Insurance
- Intercompany balance reconciliation and resolution with RPM sister companies – co-process system review
- Monitor GR/IR report quarterly (SOX)
- Prepare federal & State Tax year end tax package information.
- Backup to banking and cash management including foreign currency
- SAP- new projects-testing and implementation
- Forecasting and planning balance sheets – undistributed divisions
- Co-ordinate internal and external audit requirements including quarterly analysis of undistributed division.
- The duties above are performed within the guidelines of GAAP/ IFRS while adhering to corporate procedures, internal/Sarbanes Oxley controls and RPM reporting requirements. This also includes maintenance of records for the accounting department within government and RPM guidelines.
- The Senior Accountant is an integral member of the finance and accounting team which encourages team members to collaborate and proactively share information and ideas. As a member of the corporate financial team, acts as a resource to managers regarding standards, best practice and compliance requirements with respect to financial analysis, reporting and internal controls.
- Initiates, plans and coordinates work activities in order to carry out a variety of special projects with emphasis on business processes improvement and financial and tax compliance. The Senior Accountant contributes analysis and expertise to cross functional strategic initiatives focusing on the integrity of financial information and financial reporting.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or CPA a plus.
- 5+ years in General Accounting or Audit. Background in a manufacturing environment or general contracting environment a plus.
- Knowledge in SAP, (FI, CO and PA modules) a plus
- Hyperion Enterprise software / HFM Oracle Reporting package a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
- Strong PC skill level, particularly in Excel spreadsheet applications.
- Very strong organizational skills required.
- Month end and year-end overtime is required. Substantial amount of PC work is required.
- Some travel may be required to Toronto Location – 5 %
Tremco Incorporated - 17 months ago
Tremco consists of operating divisions specializing in the manufacture and sale of roofing materials and services, construction sealants,...