The Principal Mechanical Engineer will serve as a Mechanical Design Technical Leader within the New Products Development team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on robust design tolerance analysis, & GD&T. The candidate must also have technical team leadership experience. Also, the ideal candidate is a Six Sigma Black Belt with experience developing and implementing innovative mechanical designs globally. Prior experience in electro-mechanical design is preferred.
Key Success Factors:
- Ensure mechanical design principles are being followed and provide technical oversight and leadership to the project teams.
- Architect new machine mechanical sub systems for global applications
- Establish functional requirements and performance targets for mechanical systems/subsystems
- As part of a cross-functional team, execute complex engineering projects
- Lead/Participate in Design Reviews
- Mentor and actively participate in the development of junior mechanical engineers and designers.
- Partner with the electrical design team to generate electro mechanical innovations that deliver value to the customer
- Monitor and evaluate relevant emerging technologies
- Design systems to meet regulatory requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Bias for action, including the ability to guide technical teams.
- Ability to critique design details against overall product requirements.
- Ability to drive root cause identification and corrective action leading to timely resolution.
- Ability to create and prove through analysis and test the robustness of mechanical design
- BS (MS preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 8 years of demonstrated ability to deliver excellent products to established timelines
- Global or cross site mechanical design leadership and implementation experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred; Green Belt accepted
- Materials, mechanisms, and closed loop control systems experience preferred
- Experience leading mechanical design activities including cost and schedule metrics.
- Ability to present complex technical information to internal and external customers.
- Capable of leading technical teams through structured problem solving.
- Creative, dynamic team player, able to lead cross functional groups.
- Experience with all phases of mechanical hardware development and qualification.
- Experience working on cross functional teams (Hardware, Systems, Software, Production, Supply Chain, etc).
- Strong multi-tasking ability. May be working multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in computer aided modeling, analysis and FEA tools
- R&D and new product development experience.
Tennant Company - 18 months ago
Tennant Company (Tennant) is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. The...