Posting Title Inside Sales Associate/Federal - Washington DC metro area About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Job Description The Inside Sales Associate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Federal Sales team in selling the company's products and services via telephone. A typical day involves speaking with customers and partners that are considering purchasing VMware products. The candidate is responsible for assessing the customer’s needs and passing opportunities to the field. The candidate is held accountable to help the field sales team in closing sales and placing orders. Applicant will be responsible for delivering a positive customer experience via the VMware sales model while maximizing revenue and margin generation in support of the sales team. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills.
- Articulates how the VMware business model relates to selling VMware products and services
- Optimize Field Sales productivity through the operational & administrative sales duties
- Involved in helping grow sales funnel through targeted sales campaigns
- Assisting sales representatives in calculating and tracking unique contract data.
- Providing quotes and general information to VMware customers and partners
- Receiving, tracking and fulfilling orders in accordance with specific customers’ needs
- Meeting Management: organizing seminars, team meetings and off-site events, performing a variety of other sales related duties as assigned
Requisition Number 37757BR
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity are a must
- Motivated to exceed goals and develop career ambitions
- Need to be familiar with computers and technology and comfortable using the Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Outlook
- Applicants need to be comfortable working with others and in a team environment
- Must be open to receiving feedback and applying and integrating the feedback in an effort to improve their results
- Demonstrates good judgment in analyzing information to make routine decisions
- 1-2 years exposure to software, technology or enterprise selling a plus (but not required)
- Knowledge can be demonstrated either through direct experience or similar experiences through internships
- Strong communication skills and an ability/willingness for collaboration and teaming
- Bachelor’s degree required Location Washington, DC, US
VMware - 21 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...