FUNCTION: Responsible for a range of activities in Asset/Liability Management within Treasury to assist in building analytics to clearly portray the net interest income, liquidity, capital and market value profile of the Bank. The incumbent will provide key support in modeling the Bank’s balance sheet performance, discerning trends in positions, and developing the financial metrics to drive balance sheet decisions.
1. Provide analytical support in building the monthly asset/liability model to accurately forecast the Bank’s net interest income and market value profile. The analytical tools used will include option adjusted spread and earnings simulation models.
2. Employ data skills to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient flow of information into the asset/liability model and for creation of additional financial metrics to manage the Bank’s position.
3. Assist in constructing the Asset/Liability Group’s analytical and reporting capabilities to provide the basis for active, profitable management of the balance sheet.
4. Reconcile actual and forecasted results to understand the causes of any variances and to improve future forecasts.
5. As needed, partner with line and staff units to assist them with budgeting, planning and product analysis. Assist in identifying business problems that require management attention and propose solutions.
6. Create and maintain historical databases (spreads, volumes, prepayments etc.) of factors used to create modeling assumptions. Maintain documentation supporting the assumptions.
7. As needed, work with line and staff units to create the monthly ALCO package that is widely used throughout the Bank as a key source of information regarding the balance sheet.
8. Maintain regulatory compliance with all interest rate risk management directives. Monitor, analyze and reconcile differences between regulatory and in-house rate risk measures.
9. Consistently work to improve the Bank’s capabilities to analyze the earnings and market value risk and return profile, and thus improve the performance of Treasury and the Bank.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Work towards or completion of graduate degree in finance or CFA is desirable.
- Exposure to finance, accounting, economics, fixed income investments, derivatives markets, or the banking industry is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required, along with significant computer proficiency including database management and financial modeling skills.
1 - 2 years previous experience.
3 - 5 years previous experience.
5+ years previous experience.
The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA Compass....