This position is responsible for ensuring that all Utility Bill Pay invoices are entered timely and accurately on behalf of the UBP customers. This position interacts daily with other UBP bill processors, as well as with the internal mailroom, customer support, resolution representatives and utility group. There is minimal exposure to the end customers during conference calls or scheduled on-site visits.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prioritizing and entering utility invoices timely and accurately for primarily assigned customers.
- Assisting other team members with timely and accurate entry of their assigned utility invoices.
- Accurately identifying balance forwards, revised/corrected and duplicate utility invoices and routing for resolution.
- Gaining knowledge of utility invoice terminology and billing formats.
- Correctly identifying new utility accounts and meter records not previously setup.
- Quality assurance testing of scanned image quality and completeness.
- Understanding the relationship between entered invoice information and end-customer reports.
- Examining current UBP processes and recommend and implement process efficiencies (changes that either reduce expense or increase revenue).
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Two-year Associate's degree in business related or information/data processing field or one to three years accounts payable, utility billing or bookkeeping experience preferred.
Desired Job Experience
- One to three years accounts payable, utility billing or bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to 10-key punch.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and Internet.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
- 24 months ago - save job
NISC, a leading provider of information technology products and services, offers integrated software and hardware solutions to utilities and...