An Astellas career offers a totally different way to work and live.
Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry - not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine. We offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. Come, shine with us!
Astellas is announcing a Primary Care - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative opportunity in the South Salt Lake City, UT region.
To ensure the achievement of sales goals in territory by promoting Astellas products and services to physicians and other medical personnel within assigned geography. Educate customers on the use, characteristics, advantages, indicated treatments and all other developments related to promoted products. Professionally represent Astellas in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
Essential Job Responsibiltiies:
- Call on targeted physicians to effectively promote and educate on the use of Astellas' products through one-on-one meetings and presentations, professional education programs and other appropriate means. Responsible for ensuring high levels of call and field productivity; expected to meet and exceed expectations for call plans, with 5 days in the field each week, supported by office time needed for call planning and follow-up, preparing presentations, making appointments, etc.
- Execute Healthcare Marketing plans and business territory plan activities, and support customers using company resources and promotional activities as identified by regional sales manager
- Coordinate promotional efforts with peers across franchises and with co-promotion alliance partners
- Achieve quarterly sales goals within territory while adhering to all ethical sales practices and required regulations
- Ensure optimum strategy development using annual territory business plan and call activity reports.
- Responsible for accurately reporting sales activities, testing, territory expenses and submitting written reports as necessary by the deadline set forth and defined by Astellas or the regional sales manager
- Appropriately manage and maintain all company equipment and promotional materials (company literature, product samples, etc) according to necessary company guidelines
- Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management (POAs, National Sales Meetings, Regional and Local Conventions, etc)
- Actively pursue continuous learning and professional development on efficient sales, communication & product knowledge training.
** Exact position title will be determined commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the incumbent **
- BA/BS degree
- Some Pharmaceutical sales experience or 1 year business-to-business sales experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of sales processes, pharmaceutical products and industry (preferred)
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Proactive; can do approach; takes ownership of situations
- Problem solving ability
- High motivational and persuasion skills
- Team orientation
- Documented record of performance and achievement (preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Extensive travel is required
- Valid drivers license in good standing
Astellas Pharmaceuticals - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard