Summer Coop/Intern Customer Service Rep-WIC02079
At Bombardier, 65,400 employees in 23 countries work together to move people forward around the globe-one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will assist internal and external customers in the timely procurement of parts and materials for their aircraft-related needs.
- Interpret and receive orders for parts from customers by use of telephone, telex, written correspondence or verbal in-person communication
- Read part catalogs, microfiche viewer, manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, or computer display to determine replacement part stock number, price and availability
- Advise customer on substitution or modification of part when identical replacement is not available
- Check inventory of stock
- Generate sales order to fill customer’s request
- Determine quickest and/or most cost effective method of shipping parts to customers
- Serve as Smart Parts and Warranty’s first line of defense, ensuring customer requests for parts follow Smart Parts guidelines
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization including reviewing updated credit restriction list prior to releasing any order including holding shipment of all questionable accounts until release is obtained from appropriate personnel
- Insure export orders are held until material has been inspected and released by FAA designee and the completion of export license documentation
- Maintain files, for example, customer correspondence, maintenance and part catalog revisions, service bulletins, newsletters, engineering information, customer purchase orders, and follow-up file for back-orders
- Work with Warranty and Purchasing departments to fill customer’s orders
- Track customer back-orders to correct errors and to assure timeliest delivery possible including follow-up of back-orders by checking on progress of urgent and Aircraft On Ground (AOG) orders, keeping customers advised
- Notify Material Planner of repeated interest about specific parts not normally stocked
- Process parts orders for special contract commitments
- Perform Purchasing Agent responsibilities during off-hours
- Ability to review and understand Governmental Regulations and listings (i.e. ITAR, Military Watch, MK Denial, Embargoed Countries, etc.)
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
- 2 years experience in sales/customer relations
- Basic knowledge of computer including Microsoft Office and keyboarding skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Ability to work in a Team environment as well as Individually
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to watch our website and apply for additional positions that you are qualified for and may be of interest to you.
Job: Customer Service
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita
Zip Code US
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.02.2013, 9:24:13 AM
At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll...