To research, generate and produce programming related to American History on all
C-SPAN platforms: television, radio, on-line, and social media.
- Prepare programs for air, including logging AHTV programs, and selecting program portions and clips.
- Write scripts and graphics. Type up on-air graphics (Camio).
- Enter detailed and accurate information about AHTV programs into computerized tape library system (Aquarius) and web content management system (Ektron).
- Liaison with web, radio, and media relations for AHTV.
- Produce and/or assist in control room during live AHTV programming.
- General research related to American History events, including local and out of town events, and gather event logistics.
- Research primary source American history outlets for archival material, including presidential libraries, network television archives and other repositories of film and audio material, subsequently bringing this material to air.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in American History, Political Science, Communications, Radio-TV-Film, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum three years related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and work experience in American history and public affairs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Production experience, including shooting, editing, studio and field producing, is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work well under pressure, consistently meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and consistently perform in a highly detailed environment.
C-SPAN - 18 months ago