Clerical Associate III
Hire In Rate:
(for employees new to HHC)
Source of Funding:
Civil Service Classification:
Return to Previous Page
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
• Greets patients and visitors; opens emergency room visits (mini-registration) for patients and obtains demographic and insurance information to register them in the Emergency Department.
• Completes insurance verification during registration.
• Monitors and stamps for appropriate Managed Care verification and documentation.
• Schedules appointments for Ambulatory & Specialty Practices through SMS system (UNITY) for patients treated and released from the Emergency Department.
• Obtains and verifies signature of consent for medical treatment, HIPPA, Advance Directive & RHIO forms.
• Answers and routes incoming telephone calls to the appropriate party.
• Responds to inquiries in accordance with hospital policies.
• Maintains logs of Inter-hospital transfers & expirations.
• Completes dispositions/blank spaces in the EMTALA log book as assigned.
• Copies medical records for patients getting transferred to another facility.
• Notifies patient escort (NATE) for transporting patients and other required services.
• Places charts with triage form and signed consents in bin for the assignment nurse (for patient bed placement).
• Facilitates calls for providers as needed (i.e. notification of patient expiration, transfers, discharged patients).
• Notifies Administrator-On-Duty and/or A.D.N of any issues that require intervention.
• Provides physician with a Death Packet when a patient expires in the Emergency Department or is dead on arrival (DOA).
• Reports expirations to admitting office upon request by Provider/Nurse.
• Informs Head Nurse/Charge Nurse of admitted patients’ room assignment once admitting packet is received from admitting.
• Maintains stationary supplies for the unit, including all required laboratory, x-ray requisitions, specimen labels and forms such as, inter-hospital transfer, medical examiner report and any other forms used in daily operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization; and eighteen months of full-time satisfactory clerical experience.
• Ability to type accurately on a personal computer at a minimum speed of 100 keystrokes (20 words) per minute.
• Bilingual in Spanish.
• All positions are subject to a background investigation.
New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job