This position is in the Air Force Global Strike Command.
The mission of the Air Force Global Strike Command is to develop and provide safe, secure and credible combat-ready forces for nuclear deterrence and global strike operations to support the President of the United States and combatant commanders.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Non-DoD Transfer (current federal non-DoD Employees)
Prior Federal Civilian Employees (Reinstatement)
Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Employment of People with Disabilities -
Schedule A, click
for additional information
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Other (Postal, Interchange Agreements; FAA, TSA, GAO, VISTA, etc)
EO 12721 (Former Family Members Employed Overseas)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Direct Deposit is required for all Federal employees to receive pay
- Required to have a valid driver’s license and drive a motor vehicle.
- This is a temporary position.
Back to top
- The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of housing assignments related to maintainability, habitability, and cleanliness of housing units; and to provide contract surveillance, performing inspector duties related to maintenance, repair, and janitorial requirements.
- Performs installation housing facilities services. Conducts joint resident/management inspections of quarters to evaluate appearance, structural stability, maintenance, and habitability of the units, equipment and facilities. Performs initial, pre-termination, and final occupancy inspections of housing units to identify scope of maintenance and repair to be accomplished between residents.
- Monitors service contracts within this functional responsibility.
- Performs surveys of housing units, streets, utility systems, roofs, drainage, and other conditions for input to housing improvements, maintenance, alterations, modification, and construction programs and projects.
- Reviews all self-help work orders and recommends approval or disapproval.
This is a Temporary position NTE 30 Sep 2013.
The individual selected for this position may be extended without further competition.
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-05) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include
knowledge of the basic principles, techniques, and methodology of housing management as they pertain to the management planning, scheduling, coordinating and efficient use of Government-owned housing facilities.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-05 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of HQ USAF, MAJCOM and local housing management policies, directives, and procedures related to Government-owned housing facilities.
2. Knowledge of the basic principles, techniques and methodology of housing management and apply them to scheduling, and coordinating operation and efficient use of government quarters and facilities.
3. Knowledge of contracting provisions sufficient to ensure proper negotiations or commitment of government funds.
4. Skill to manipulate computer data through input, retrieval, or storage of data.
5. Skill in conducting inspections, technical studies, and surveys.
Ability to communicate effectively within a diverse group of individuals both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
- Will be required to operate a motor vehicle while conducting inspections, surveys, and studies.
- May be subject to temporary duty assignments.
- Work may include some overtime.
- Professional housing certification is desirable.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at
or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments:
If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on
Thursday, February 21, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
550 C Street W Ste 57
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...