Women's Health NURSE PRACTITIONER is needed for an expanding Multi-Specialty Primary Care Practice. There is an excellent referral system. The approximate case load is 20-25 patients per day. Very modern office with state of the art equipment.
Provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services, as delegated by a physician. Adult is (75%), No P ediatrics, with (25%) W om e n's H ealth (GYN) and N o (OB).
- NEW GRADS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- TAX-FREE EDUCATION LOAN REPAYMENT applicable for up to three (3) years should you qualify.
- COMPENSATION is $73,000.00 to $75,000.00 based on experience. Compensation increase on a average of 3% per year and is based on performance evaluations reviewed by board.
- JOB TYPE is Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time
- WORK SCHEDULE is a Thirty-Five (35) hour work week. Monday through Thursday, 9:00 to 5:00 pm with Fridays being a shorter work day to approximately 12:00 noon. NO CALL. After hours answering service, with very rare possibility of drive in. Occasional evenings until 7pm and occasional Saturdays 9am-12noon during the sick season.
- LICENSE and EDUCATION required is an application for or possession of a New York State license, DEA#, CPR, PALS, ACLS. Degree must be a MSN.
- JOB DESCRIPTION:
1.) HEALTH INSURANCE is available for Single, Double (Employee and Spouse), Double (Employee and One Child) and Family coverage. There are two (2) plans to choose from, both are Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield. Both include prescriptions.
- Perform physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic test to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Record physical findings, and formulate plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Discuss case with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Submit health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
- Prescribe or recommend drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refer patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- BENEFITS: Flexible spending account plan with pre-tax dollars for out of pocket expenses. Can not be used be used toward premiums but can be applied toward all other out of pocket health care expenses. Contribution by employee per week is $19.23 (up to the legal limit of $1,000 per year).
Health Plan #1: Co-pays are $25/40 no deductible. Employer contributes one half of the cost (bi-weekly) at $254.89 toward the monthly premium for the Employee. Family coverage cost after Employer contribution is $897.21 per month. After employer match for Employee and Spouse or Employee plus Child the monthly premium is $547.78, Family monthly premium is- $1,160.38
Health Plan #2: Offers a $1300 DEDUCTIBLE for single coverage and $2600 for Family with max out of pocket expense of $3000/$6000, Employer contributes $171.75 towards monthly premium. Family coverage cost after Employer contribution is $789.60 per month.
2.) DENTAL- Excellus - Single cost is $37.10 per month by Employee with a $50.00 deductible, Family is $103.88 per month.
3.) VISION - EYEMED - Monthly premium is $6.24 per month for Single coverage and Family is $17.40 per month. Both have a $10.00 co-pay. Includes a allowance for glasses, contacts and lenses and includes Ophthalmologist examination.
4.) VACATION TIME is 3 weeks the first year, can use after 6 months of employment. After the fifth year of employment there is a 4th week added.
5.) CME is 1 week paid and $1,000 reimbursement (after the completion of one year of employment) (Can divide vacation and CME time as desired).
6.) SICK / PERSONAL TIME is 8 per year, accrued at 5 hours per month.
7.) PAID HOLIDAYS include 10 each year.
8.) RETIREMENT PLAN is a 401-k with a 3% employer match which may fluctuate annually based on the decision of the Board of Directors.
( Eligible to join upon hire eligible for employer contribution after 1 year of employment. Fully vested after 6 years of employment)
9.) MALPRACTICE INSURANCE coverage is paid by Employer.
10.) LIFE INSURANCE is paid by employer up to $50k as well as Disability Insurance.
- LOCATED in the center of New York State, near the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), low crime and great schools, colleges and universities.
Hotclinicaljobs.com - 18 months ago