Purpose of Role:
The Production Planner's role is to effectively and efficiently coordinate, facilitate, prioritize and communicate all production requirements for MyM&M's. S/He will leverage business systems to optimize manufacturing and transportation cost while maintaining targeted on-time delivery metrics. This position requires working closely with other support groups particularly B2B Sales, Shift Leads and Customer Care to ensure consistent on-time customer delivery while maintaining targeted production metrics. The Production Planner will develop and communicate staffing plans weekly to flex with real time demand and annually for longer term planning. The Production Planner must have in-depth knowledge within their operational area, be recognized as competent in multiple areas, and able to influence without authority. The Production Planner’s role requires strong leadership, communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support company objectives.
Ensure efficient production schedule delivers orders on-time across all channels by:
Mission Critical Competencies
- Execute system processes required to transform sales orders into production orders.
- Utilize systemic planning tool(s) to generate production schedule. Monitor and report on Schedule Compliance and Manufacturing Efficiency.
- Manage the expedited order process from receipt to fulfillment by tracking the upstream and downstream processes and work areas.
- Maintain constant bi-directional communication with customer service and graphic specialists with status updates and changes to plan and priority.
- Monitor orders in crisis or in exception. Ensure reports are being run to track these activities and develop action plans against issues discovered.
- Identify and escalate any systems issues to Mars IS and keep leadership and management teams informed of any updates or business impacts. Develop work-around processes, when possible, to minimize system impacts on ability to schedule, release, produce, and ship orders.
- Monitor progress against deadlines, adjust order queues, and make recommendations to the Shift Lead regarding staffing allocation.
- Reschedule and reprioritize resources to ensure customer orders are delivered on time. Communicate exceptions of on-time delivery with Customer Service to engage the customer.
- Monitor open order status, production trends, and demand to provide productivity input and staffing recommendations to the Supply Management team.
- Identify and propose enhancements to SAP / ECC, and Production systems and processes to increase customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Maintain, create, and update SOP documents to ensure that Mars Direct is following all proper procedures.
- Works closely across business with key stakeholders with limited supervision.
- Support escalations when on-time delivery is at risk.
- Coordinate pickups for LTL shipments as required.
- Coordinate processing of special orders and Mars Family orders.
- Train Supply Managers, Fulfillment Specialists, and back-ups key job skills to function effectively in absence of Production Planner.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Drive for Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Process Management
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Priority Setting
- Knowledge of Supply Chain ERP
Decision Making Authority and Impact
- General understanding of Supply disciplines and their inter-relationships.
- Strong numerate, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence associates of all disciplines
- Competent in MS Office Suite: Excel is a focus
- Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion helpful
- Determines weekly production schedule (number of days required) balancing demand and resources as well as production sequencing.
- Recommends machine planning, staffing on weekly basis; provides annual labor planning forecast.
People Management Responsibility
- Develops SAP improvement initiatives. Initiates contingency plans while managing and communicating all exceptions to normal production flow.
- Direct: 0
- Indirect: 2 Shift Back-ups as required
- Indirect: 20 Associates per shift
- Indirect: 10 – 35 Contractors per shift
Mars training and experience required in an operator role
- Competent in MS Office Suite required
- Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion preferred
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate Degree or equivalent training is considered a plus
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars, Inc. offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Retail Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars - 2 years ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...