Optimos is seeking a Linux Administrator to support efforts with our customer in Rocket Center, WV.
Rocket Center, WV
Essential roles and responsibilities
Our client near Romney, West Virginia requires a mid-level Linux administrator to support a mid-sized datacenter. This position entails support of the Operating System configuration and associated file systems, log files, processes, problem determination, problem resolution, software, administration tools, utilities, security, and hardware.
Required experience and qualifications
- Provides leadership role in troubleshooting, investigation of production issues (50%).
- Actively monitors, analyzes, suggests and documents infrastructure processes with a focus on technology growth, performance, reliability and security (20%).
- Coordinate with clients, management team, application team’s data center and users (20%).
- Work effectively as a team member with the cross-functional development and datacenter disciplines to identify requirements and subsequently leading projects in the implementation of infrastructure solutions (10%).
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field
- Good knowledge of Red Hat Linux administration is a requirement
- Knowledge of DNS and BIND
- Knowledge of Oracle directory services and LDAP
- Knowledge of windows Active Directory servers
- Knowledge of application/Web server administration Apache/Tomcat
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
- Basic knowledge of Oracle 10g 11g administration a plus
- Basic knowledge of cisco firewalls routers and switches CCNA a plus
- 2 years ago - save job