The Retail Item Planner is responsible for developing the unit inventory plans for the retail channel. The item planner links the tops down financial merchandise plans and the bottoms up item investments. A successful Retail Item Planner can effectively analyze information, develop action points, and possesses strong organizational skills.
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
This position reports to the Retail Planning Manager in Sunderland, Vermont. The Retail Item Planner interacts with several internal departments including Merchandising, Inventory control, District and Store Managers, and Allocation Analysts. This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Key Performance Measurements:
- All store gross profit
- Markdown percentage
- Comp Store Sales
- Provide the appropriate pre-season product analysis for the assortment definition at the item level
- Develops and maintains item plans, buy sheets, key items sheets – translating the LRS into actionable item sales and inventory plans
- Creates in season forecasts and plans providing input to the allocation analyst
- Manages the inventory process at the item level for their area of responsibility and develops action plans on item management, rebuys and cancellations.
- Provides direct input and works closely with inventory control buyers to ensure the company is maximizing investment
- Makes markdown and transfer recommendations
- Communicates business findings and makes recommendations to planning manager and merchant and allocation partners.
Core Competencies, Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years merchandise planning experience
- Strong excel user
- Strong customer service and negotiation skills
About Orvis - www.orvis.com
In 1856, Charles Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering the finest fly fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, along with our world famous fly-fishing gear, Orvis offers distinctive clothing, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each item is rooted in our heritage of authenticity and the outdoors, and is backed with a no-questions-asked guarantee. As the longest-running mail order business in the United States, and with our flagship retail store located in the same Vermont village as the original store since 1856, we offer experience and knowledge that no other retail company can. Each day we strive to apply what we know and learn to bring our customers even better service and products tomorrow.
Orvis is headquartered in beautiful Southwestern Vermont with major operations in Roanoke, Virginia and the U.K. We firmly believe that the only way for Orvis to achieve its vision to be the most respected lifestyle brand in America, is to have a company culture that is supportive and inspiring to the individuals that will get us there.
Orvis offers competitive compensation commensurate with scope of responsibilities and experience required; plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 401K with a company match, generous Associate Discounts, and other excellent benefits.
To learn more and connect with Orvis , please visit us online www.orvis.com .
Orvis - 17 months ago
Have visions of fly-fishing the trout streams of the American West but don't know where to start? The Orvis Company can outfit you....