Linux Kernel Software Developer
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high performance development team delivering the latest in secure software systems. We are looking for an experienced Linux Developer that has a background in working closely with a technical team and who is familiar with the full software lifecycle. Our processes include requirements engineering, system design, software development, unit and integration testing, formal software testing procedures, configuration management, and quality assurance techniques. Your primary responsibilities will be to perform software coding of secure systems, but duties also include participation in and support of each stage of the software development process.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct / participate in multidisciplinary planning, design, and development of software systems.
- Assist in the design of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Develop code for new applications and supports code modifications to legacy systems.
- Perform unit testing and integration testing for new and legacy applications.
- Develop supporting documentation, including requirements, design, and technical manuals.
- Support regular Customer interaction through memos, status meetings, and technical exchanges.
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 5 years of related software development experience required.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of Debian Package modification and creation for Version 7 of the Debian Package Build System (using the debian helper toolset (dh_*) )
• Low level experience capable of editing and fixing binary transport data communication (moving from 32 to 64 bit)
• Experience creating tailored Ubuntu (or Debian) distributions
• Experience with Kernel Module editing and Kernel security/module lockdown
• Experience with Embedded debugging using logs only (no simulators)
• Current Secret clearance required with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI w/polygraph
• Experience with Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
• Experience with syslinux and Isolinux
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio debugging
• Experience with Python
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 10 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...