The Paralegal is responsible for supporting the legal and compliance activities of the legal department of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC ("NorthStar") and its subsidiaries and affiliates. The Paralegal provides assistance with routine aspects of legal and factual data compilation and analysis.
• Prepares drafts and/or revises various agreements, contracts and other regulatory filings (including Form TA filings).
• Performs clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, writing letters, coordinating the execution of legal documents, and making preparations for board meetings.
• Assists with corporate governance, including preparation of materials for NorthStar board and committees.
• Reviews emails and phone calls for compliance issues dictated by internal standards; refers escalated issues to General Counsel.
• Manages email recordkeeping, including incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Assists with arbitration filing and processing.
• Follows-up on legal issues that arise.
• Assists Legal Department with all aspects of legal and compliance functions; provides legal support for NorthStar’s corporate operations.
• Establishes, maintains and updates legal contracts and templates.
• Maintains all legal document records.
• Files correspondence and legal documents in filing system.
• Conducts legal research and compiles data as requested under applicable laws, statutes and regulations.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with legal team to plan and prepare drafts of legal documents, meeting minutes, etc.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to keep abreast of relevant regulatory, legislative and other industry developments
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Superior grammar, spelling, editing and proofreading skills
• Effective problem solving and organizational skills
• Minimum of an Associate's degree with a paralegal emphasis or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a legal department required
• Prior experience working in Financial Services industry preferred
• Notary Public qualification a plus
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard