Job Order: J0912-1286 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Application Programmer
Category: Information Technology
City: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Job Description: Application Programmer
Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities. Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts. Translates detailed design into computer software. Tests, debugs and refines the computer software to produce the required product. Prepares required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation. Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency. Provides technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
- Analyze system level requirements
- Develop and document software requirements
- Analyze system architecture to implement requirements
- Develop detailed system designs
- Translate design into software code
- Perform unit level testing
- Perform system level integration testing of requirements
- Submit progress and metrics reports to management as required
- Prepare and present technical briefings as required.
- Develop Automated Communications Engineering Software (ACES) in the Radar Systems.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related scientific or technical discipline required with minimUM of 3 years related experience.
- Must successfully complete the Stanley Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment.
- Must obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
- Must have experience developing software or prototype applications in at least one of the following high order programming languages: Java, C, C++, or Ada, in a Windows or Linux development environment
- Must have general understanding of the software development process - Rapidly comprehend and become proficient in new languages and programming techniques
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, to include the ability to work on multi-functional teams, as well as proven verbal and written communication skills
- Have experience developing and debugging applications in desired programming language and environments At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Application Development
CGI - 14 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...