Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Responsible for the accurate transcription of all diagnostic imaging procedure reports, administrative dictation, letters, memos or other related work from the Radiologists or Director of Radiology.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions with respect to computer/MIS System, typewriters, Dictaphone tape machines and/or tape cassettes to Department Director per Department Director’s instructions.
- Performs daily cleaning maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Maintains a harmonious relationship with all hospital personnel, physicians and referring physician’s offices.
- Ensures confidentiality at all times and integrity towards the originator of any and all correspondence that may be typed, reviewed or filed.
- Ability to communicate and problem solve.
- 3-5 years in medical transcription, preferably radiology, strongly preferred
- Medical terminology (radiology).
- Must possess transcription and typing skills at 60 WPM and demonstrate proficient computer skills.
- Will be given proficiency test to confirm appropriate skill set.
- Ability to read and write at 12th grade level.
- Medical Terminology and Anatomy & Physiology courses.
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) a plus
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth - 18 months ago