To develop, maintain, analyze and assist in all traditional Manufacturing Engineering activities, such as processing new components into the manufacturing systems, supporting cost reduction programs, advising the Engineering Change Management Board, developing new process justification and participating in new model launches. To support in the transition to World Class Manufacturing processes and techniques. Must possess the skills necessary to serve as a team leader and participant in a team environment. Must have the demonstrated ability to provide production support in areas of safety, quality, throughput improvement, line balancing, engineering problem solving, and cost reduction. Assigned responsibilities may include welding, robotics, tooling and fixture design and acquisition, and processing of new parts and assemblies
1. Responsible for analyzing and providing technical support of the current Manufacturing system in order to provide: safe methods, optimal production capabilities, cost reduction opportunities, process control methods and plans, and manufacturing layouts.
2. Analyzes, documents and provides recommendations for individual part or process failures from a technical and operations standpoint.
3. Analyzes information and prepares reports for management review in such areas as capital budgets and capital acquisition requests.
4. Works with operators, vendors and tool designers to develop tooling designs and actual tools within provided quality and cost constraints. When assigned they are also responsible for implementing the tooling with the operators.
5. May accumulate, develop and utilize data for purposes of establishing labor standards on process data, including attaching routings in workflow, and establishing costs of engineering changes and introductions.
6. Responsible for providing technical support to install new systems and capital equipment on time, within cost constraints, established procedures and the production forecast.
7. Provides assistance to the plant in all areas related to quality documentation and/or ISO compliance where applicable.
8. Organizes, documents and implements engineering changes on process data and selected areas in a manner to optimize production.
9. Responsible for ensuring required documentation (MSDS) of safety and environmental for any new processes and products and reviews with safety and environmental staff.
In addition, this position requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Ag, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering Or a minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills in a team environment
- Ability to champion and improve overall product flow and line design within the factory, working through and directing projects from start to finish.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Computer Aided Design concepts and Computer Aided Process Planning concepts.
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of capital budgeting and capital equipment justification processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to apply lean manufacturing concepts and tools to eliminate waste.
- An understanding of design and balancing of mixed model lines.
- Experience with shop floor manufacturing, incentive pay systems and work measurement.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and among different levels of the organization.