The Electrical Engineer is responsible to perform design and coordinate / review the design of subcontractors as it relates to the operation, maintenance and modification of Company assets. The Electrical Engineer shall further provide technical support in the generation of bids, procurement activity, assessment and selection of equipment and subcontractors, generation of Company standards, and the execution of major capital projects. |
Roles & Responsibilities
- Interfacing with personnel at all levels in the Company in a professional and respectful manner.
- Representing the corporate profile, values and beliefs of the Company to outside parties, and non-corporate Company personnel (field personnel).
- Represent the Company professionally when dealing with the Customer by taking the time to understand their comments and concerns.
- Leading by example in your everyday actions both in and away from the workplace.
- Keeping abreast of the state of the industry in which the Company operates with any eye toward identifying opportunities for the Company.
- Assist in the creation of corporate systems related to the operation of the Company including: engineering and project management, maintenance, health and safety, etc.
- Support Company activities with travel, as required, to field and project site offices.
- Generation of technical specifications, basis of design documents, and requests for quotation, etc.
- Review of governing standards and regulations applicable to the design and operation of Company assets.
- Management of design activities such as equipment selection, weight control, concept evaluation, etc.
- Manage and review the work of draftsmen and designers.
- Assist in the preparation of bid documents / packages.
- Assist in the management of subcontractors.
- Review of engineering deliverables from subcontractors.
- Apply engineering discipline and techniques to your work to promote thorough analysis and proper planning of assigned tasks.
- Perform design review of shipyard and subcontractor design documentation as it relates to to the repair, refurbishment, and new building of Company assets.
- Interface with the Maintenance Manager to assist in the maintenance of existing Company assets.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the troubleshooting of issues with systems on existing Company assets.
- Assist in the identification and collection of critical asset and systems information as it relates to the repair, refurbishment, and new building of Company assets.
- Managing project(s) as assigned by Executive Management.
- Generation of project planning documents including cost estimates, timelines, project plans, work scopes, etc as required.
- Reporting to executive Company management on the status and issues associated with assigned projects.
- Assist in the operational support of active assets.
- Promote safety and management systems to the greatest extent possible.
- Display and promote safety leadership in both the corporate office as well as in the field.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Minimum Competencies Required for Hiring
- Minimum 7 years experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous experience with diesel power generation systems. VFDs, PLCs, power distribution and control systems, vessel management systems, drilling control systems, internal and external networking and communication systems is required.
- Previous experience in interfacing with Classification societies (most notably American Bureau of Shipping).
- Previous experience with an offshore oil and gas exploration and drilling company is required.
· Proficient in the use of technical software including MS Project and Autodesk TrueView (or AutoCAD).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Must be a self starter and well organized.
- Must be a team player and interact well with other cultures.
- Able to travel internationally and in possession of a valid passport.
- Proficient in the use of PCs and software such as Adobe Acrobat and MS Office including Outlook, Word,Excel.
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago