Alere Inc. is a major global developer, manufacturer and marketer of advanced, pioneering consumer and professional medical diagnostic products. A leading supplier of consumer pregnancy and fertility/ovulation tests and rapid point-of-care diagnostics, Alere is committed to advancing health through a continuing flow of innovative new products.
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for establishing and achieving sales goals and objectives in specified markets and geographical territories in support of the Company's overall strategic plan. The primary focus is on specific markets and customers as directed by the Company. The scope of this position includes management of Account Executives, Clinical Nurse Consultants and Technical Consultants (Regional Teams) and, as needed to meet company plans, direct sales responsibility for an assigned geographical Region.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Territory includes Mid South - Tennessee, Lousianna, Georgia
- Plan, coordinate and manage the sales activities of the Account Executive sales force to achieve the sales goals of the Company.
- Train and develop sales team to understand customer needs, to identify sales opportunities and to effectively represent the Company and its products in the marketplace.
- Manage the performance of the Account Executive sales force to meet individual, department and Company sales goals and objectives including feedback on performance appraisals, recommendations for merit increases, career counseling, etc.
- Identify and recruit direct sales professionals.
- Direct the field implementation of Company sales, marketing and national account programs.
- Meet established sales goals and objectives while maintaining sales budget.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the sales performance of the Company's distributor sales force(s) in the assigned Region. Act as primary contact for the distributor's sales and operations management team(s).
- Act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, bid preparation, customer service and customer follow-up.
- Identify customer issues and resolve sales related difficulties.
- Assist in the formulation of strategic sales plans and tactics, including annual Territory/Regional Plans and Sales Forecasting
- Assist in the development and management of annual sales budget.
- Assist in the design and implementation of sales force compensation and incentive programs.
- Interact and communicate with associated operating departments as necessary to produce cohesive efforts to accomplish company goals.
- Monitor market, customer and competitor trends and advise management on methods to improve company competitiveness. Work closely with VP-US Sales and Company marketing department to assist identification of new opportunities and to develop marketing plans and programs.
- Provide regular sales reports, forecasts and communication with sales and marketing management.
- Maintain a superior level of knowledge of the applications and technologies related to Company products to assure accurate representation to the marketplace.
- Establish, develop, and maintain the business and client relationship with national, regional and other key accounts in Region.
- Support sales management peers through active sharing of ideas, techniques and approaches.
- Responsible for administration of Company policies and procedures.
Required educational background:
BA/BS in sales, marketing, business management, or related coursework. Additional training in product sales and the diagnostics industry.
Required experiential background:
Eight to ten years experience in sales with three to six years managing field staff. Strong knowledge of complex sales methods and techniques in the diagnostic market and demonstrated ability in execution of sales strategies.
United States of America-Tennessee
Sales and Marketing
Alere - 17 months ago
When you really need an answer -- fast -- toss out the crystal ball and bring in Alere. The company offers both professional and consumer...